We know that traveling might not be in your plans for the next month or so. But as we are slowly able to travel and get outdoors again after the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be considering planning a road trip at the end of summer.
If you’re planning on taking the family on a road trip in the next coming months, making sure that you are organized and prepared will keep your family happy and minimize the stress of the trip.
Here are some tips on how to get you and your family ready for your road trip:
- Be sure to have your vehicle inspected here at One Stop Auto Care before you go. We will make sure that your vehicle is in good condition and won't give you any trouble along the way!
- Make sure to plan breaks along the way. A short break every couple of hours is recommended. These could be at rest stops or gas stations, just a chance to get out of the car and stretch your legs. If kids are traveling along, you may find that bathroom breaks will be needed during these breaks, too.
- Schedule out activities during the car ride. For instance, have a nap time, a reading time, a movie time (if possible), and maybe a snack time. This will help keep the kids occupied and also keep them from getting overwhelmed during the car ride.
- Have plenty of snacks and drinks on hand. Kids are especially going to get hungry along the way, and it won’t hurt the driving adults to have a snack as well to keep their energy up. This will also help to save money along the way as well.
- Pack comfortably! Be sure to bring pillows and blankets for the kids and other passengers.
We hope these tips will help your family stay happy and healthy during your upcoming road trip!